VFX Techniques: Space Scene 01 Maya Animation and Dynamic Simulation
VFX Techniques: Space Scene 01 Maya Animation and Dynamic Simulation is an Intermediate level tutorial on 3D + Animation, produced by an expert, Lee Lanier. This tutorial is a critical step for a person who needs to sharpen his/her 3D + Animation talent. It gives you a thorough grip on 3D + Animation, Compositing, Photography, Video, Visual Effects, After Effects, Maya, 3D + Animation, Compositing, Photography, Video, Visual Effects, After Effects and Maya.
Take a journey to another world with Lee Lanier and learn how to animate and render a professional-looking space scene with Maya. In this course, the first in a two-part series, Lee provides you with two prebuilt models, a spaceship and an asteroid, which you’ll keyframe to create a near-miss meeting in an orbit around an alien planet. You’ll also add cameras, light your scene, and set up render layers and mental ray render passes to give the animation color and depth. Last, Lee shows you how to focus the ship’s laser beam on the asteroid, shattering its surface with a dynamic simulation and kicking up clouds of space dust with nParticles, and then render your results.
- Animating the spaceship and asteroid
- Animating cameras to follow the action
- Setting key and fill lights
- Creating layers for the sun, stars, and planet
- Setting up shadow and lighting layers
- Creating mental ray render passes
- Exploding geometry in a dynamic simulation
- Attaching nParticle emitter to bodies
- Batch rendering render layers