VFX Techniques: Creating a Laser Battle
VFX Techniques: Creating a Laser Battle is an Intermediate level study on 3D + Animation, crafted by the author, Lee Lanier. This study is an absolute foundation for an individual who needs to get better at his/her 3D + Animation skills. It gives you a thorough grip on 3D + Animation, Photography, Video, Visual Effects, After Effects, 3D + Animation, Photography, Video, Visual Effects and After Effects.
Creating a Laser Battle shows VFX artists how to generate science-fiction-style gun battles, complete with laser beams, sparks, and set damage. The effects are created right inside After Effects, with its built-in particle tools, rotoscoping, motion tracking, and color, distortion, and blur effects. Combining these techniques in your own shots will allow you to create a wide variety of futuristic gun blasts.
- Running particle simulations to create beams and sparks
- Altering the beams with distortion, blur, and color effects
- Creating interactive lighting through masking and color grading
- Creating set damage by rotoscoping and integrating matte paintings
- Animating post camera moves
- Matching effects through multiple shots