V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training
V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training is an Beginner level tutorial on 3D + Animation, crafted by the author, Brian Bradley. This tutorial is a critical base for an individual who needs to excel in his/her 3D + Animation expertise. It gives you a strong understanding on 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Video, Materials, Rendering, Textures, Visual Effects, 3ds Max, V-Ray, 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Video, Materials, Rendering, Textures, Visual Effects, 3ds Max and V-Ray.
This course introduces the features of the V-Ray 2.0 rendering engine and demonstrates how to extend the range of 3ds Max with its state-of-the-art tools, such as irradiance mapping, fur and hair textures and shaders, and stereoscopic 3D rendering. The course covers critical concepts such as creating basic materials, image sampling, color mapping, subdivs, and lighting, as well as the Render Elements, RT, and physical rendering workflows in V-Ray. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Installing and setting up V-Ray
- Using the DMC Sampler
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding a spherical fill light
- Working with the V-Ray Dome Light
- Using irradiance mapping and Light cache
- Creating diffuse color
- Making reflective materials
- Creating translucency
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Controlling the V-Ray physical camera
- Creating a motion blur effect
- Compositing V-Ray elements