Social Media for Government
Social Media for Government is an Intermediate level course on Business, compiled by an expert, Kristy Dalton. This course is an absolute step for anyone who needs to sharpen his/her Business talent. It gives you a thorough grip on Business, B2B Marketing, Social Media Advertising, Content Marketing, Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Business, B2B Marketing, Social Media Advertising, Content Marketing, Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
Social media can be a powerful tool for state and local government. But managing a social program for a government agency requires a unique strategy that often differs from what’s expected for business. In this course, discover the powerful ways social media can be used by government. Social media expert Kristy Dalton discusses the importance of engaging the public online, and how to create your own social media policies. She also covers various laws and requirements that involve online government communications. Kristy shows how to write a powerful social media strategy, how to deal with negativity, and how to set the right tone. Finally, Kristy shares how to effectively leverage the most popular social media tools out there, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Putting together a social media program structure
- Establishing a social media policy
- Public records and archives
- Comment moderation and freedom of speech
- Employee use of social media
- Improving service delivery
- Best practices for managing your agency’s social media
- Writing a social media strategy
- The use of humor on government social media
- Dealing with negativity
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for government