Reverse Engineering Foundations: Product Design
Reverse Engineering Foundations: Product Design is an Intermediate level study on 3D + Animation, produced by the author, Steven Marjieh. This study is a critical foundation for a person who needs to sharpen his/her 3D + Animation expertise. It provides you a strong understanding on 3D + Animation, CAD, Manufacturing, Prototyping, Web, Modeling, Product Design, 3D + Animation, CAD, Manufacturing, Prototyping, Web, Modeling and Product Design.
Do you need to work with an older design that predates CAD, or design an accessory for a third-party product? If so, then this course is for you. Join instructor Steven Marjieh as he acquaints you with the fundamentals of reverse engineering, which allows you to infer a model from an object and work with it in your own designs. Learn how to use physical measurement, 3D scanning, and touch probes to measure real-world objects and work with them in your CAD tool of choice. Plus, learn how to best approach the post-processing of scan data, including how to inspect the final parts and verify that they’re correct.
- Where is reverse engineering applied?
- Using standard hand tools
- Nondestructive ways to create highly accurate representations of parts
- Getting accurate measurements with calipers and micrometers
- Setting up, capturing, and cleaning up scans
- Importing and parsing the STL
- Importing CAD data as STL
- 3D printing