Product Management First Steps
Product Management First Steps is an Beginner level tutorial on Business, written by an expert, Doug Winnie. This tutorial is an essential pillar for an individual who needs to sharpen his/her Business talent. It gives you a strong understanding on Business, Business Skills, Marketing, Business, Business Skills and Marketing.
Behind every successful technology product lies the guiding hand of the product manager. Product managers are critical leaders who coordinate all aspects of product development, from making the business case to deciding when and if a product should be retired. In this course, principal staff instructor and former Adobe Principal Product Manager Doug Winnie provides a comprehensive overview of product management and takes you through the six stages of the product life cycle (PLC): research, plan, build, release, refine, and retire. He also explains the day-to-day activities of a product manager, introduces you to the members of the product team, walks through interactive ways to help define your product, and outlines the skills a product manager needs to have to be successful. Whether you want to become a product manager or simply become a better member of a product team, this course will help you understand how a good process brings better products to life.
- Identify types of products.
- Recognize different types of industries.
- Examine what elements make up a quality extended team.
- Explore the components of managing a life cycle.
- Name the elements of a strong research plan.
- Break down how to pitch an idea.
- Identify versions, releases, and sprints.
- Recognize how to monitor progress using a burndown chart.
- Define your go-to market.