Prime Lenses for Photography and Video Production
Prime Lenses for Photography and Video Production is an Intermediate level study on Photography, crafted by an expert, Richard Harrington. This study is an essential step for anyone who needs to sharpen his/her Photography talent. It provides you a thorough grip on Cameras + Gear, DSLR Video, Photography, Video, Cameras + Gear, DSLR Video, Photography and Video.
Most cameras come with a zoom lens, and there’s no denying a zoom lens provides focal-length flexibility. But prime lenses—ones with a fixed focal length—have their place. They’re often faster, and their optical qualities can be superior to that of a zoom lens.
In this course, Rich Harrington joins cinematographer James Ball for a detailed look at the pros and cons of using prime lenses for both photography and video projects. Together, they look at practical implications of shooting with primes as well as creative opportunities and challenges.
- Understanding prime lenses
- Adapting lenses to specific cameras
- Identifying benefits and challenges when working with prime lenses
- Working with specialty prime lenses: macro and Lomography lenses
- Exploring options with a shallow depth of field
- Strategies for success with prime lenses