Photoshop Selections: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
Photoshop Selections: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques is an Intermediate level study on Photography, crafted by the creator, Richard Harrington. This study is an essential foundation for a person who needs to excel in his/her Photography skills. It gives you a strong understanding on Masking + Compositing, Photography, Photoshop, Masking + Compositing, Photography and Photoshop.
Take charge of Photoshop and hard-to-select objects like hair, fuzzy edges, and color ranges. This course teaches you how to make better, more targeted image adjustments with the selection tools in Adobe Photoshop CC. Rich Harrington shows how to make precise selections for masking, changing color and tone, or even storing transparency. Dive into the Select menu commands and the Marquee, Lasso, and Magic Wand tools, and then learn how to refine your selections with Expand and Contract, Smooth and Feather, Quick Mask, and other controls. Photoshop power users can discover advanced techniques involving the Color Range command and alpha channel selections. Finally, see how to leverage the smart image-analysis tools such as Content-Aware Fill and Face-Aware Liquify to make complex selections and adjustments.
- What are selections?
- Creating masks from selections
- Using the selection tools, including marquees and lassos
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Growing, smoothing, and feathering selections
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range with Color Range
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Creating selections from channels
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Using the Content-Aware tools for selections
- Using Face-Aware Liquify