Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Hair
Photoshop Masking and Compositing: Hair is an Intermediate level tutorial on Photography, produced by the creator, Deke McClelland. This tutorial is an important pillar for an individual who needs to sharpen his/her Photography skills. It provides you a thorough grip on Masking + Compositing, Photography, Photoshop, Masking + Compositing, Photography and Photoshop.
In this installment of his popular Masking & Compositing series, Photoshop guru Deke McClelland shows how to select hair—down to the individual strands—and composite portraits against new backgrounds. The course covers how to mask out hair, paint in detail, blend hair, merge channels, and match light sources. Deke also explores special techniques for working with both dark and light hair, as well as extracting hair from complex backgrounds.
- Understanding the Calculations command
- Calculating masks with the Subtract and Add modes
- Enhancing a mask with Apply Image
- Creating a traditional blue screen mask
- Masking dark hair against a busy background
- Painting in missing hairs with a Wacom tablet
- Masking blonde hair and flames
- Performing selective edits with Dodge and Burn
- Masking a difficult image in multiple passes