Photo Management: Metadata
Photo Management: Metadata is an Intermediate level tutorial on Photography, compiled by an expert, Tim Grey. This tutorial is a critical pillar for anyone who needs to excel in his/her Photography talent. It gives you a thorough grip on Photo Management, Photography, Lightroom, Photo Management, Photography and Lightroom.
Want to quickly find all the photos you took a year ago today? Or in a certain place? Or with a specific set of camera and lens settings? Thanks to metadata, searches like these are easy.
Metadata may not be glamorous, but it’s a priceless tool for managing and organizing photos. Your camera records metadata with every shot: the date, time, camera and lens settings, and much more. You can also add metadata using programs like Adobe Lightroom.
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Tim Grey demystifies metadata, describing what it is and showing how it’s an essential part of photo management, from categorizing photos to creating fun searches, such as “show me all the photos I took a year ago today.”
- Viewing image metadata
- Creating and using metadata presets in Lightroom
- Importing metadata from the camera
- Adding metadata to batches of images
- Correcting metadata for capture time
- Getting location information with auto GPS
- Mapping locations manually
- Resolving and avoiding metadata conflicts
- Backing up metadata
- Locating your images with a simple metadata search