Nikon D5100 Essential Training
Nikon D5100 Essential Training is an Beginner level tutorial on Photography, produced by the author, Ben Long. This tutorial is an absolute pillar for anyone who needs to sharpen his/her Photography skills. It gives you a thorough grip on Cameras + Gear, Photography, D5100, Cameras + Gear, Photography and D5100.
This course details the features, controls, and options in the Nikon D5100 camera. Author Ben Long provides an overview of a digital single lens reflex (SLR) camera and reviews the Nikon D5100 camera’s components and basics of operation, including changing lenses, navigating the menus, shooting in Auto mode, and reviewing and managing photos on the camera’s LCD screen. The course also covers white balance options, advanced metering and autofocus controls, flash, and shooting HD video, and includes a chapter on sensor and camera maintenance.
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor