Maya: Rendering Interiors
Maya: Rendering Interiors is an Intermediate level course on 3D + Animation, created by an expert, Adam Crespi. This course is an essential foundation for anyone who needs to excel in his/her 3D + Animation talent. It gives you a strong understanding on 3D + Animation, Architecture, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Materials, Rendering, Textures, Maya, 3D + Animation, Architecture, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Materials, Rendering, Textures and Maya.
Light has more qualities than you think: temperature, brightness, and diffusion, just to name three. When it comes to replicating it in the digital world, you need strong materials and lighting tools, and Maya offers both. Learn how to replicate three unique lighting setups in interior scenes, starting with direct daylight. After you produce the daylight renderings, Adam Crespi shows how to light the scene with interior lights suitable for night or dusk shots, and then use sky portals to create soft indirect light that blooms through the windows. He follows up with rendering specular, mask, and ambient occlusion passes, and then shows how to composite the renderings in both Adobe After Effects and The Foundry Nuke.
- Creating and applying materials with luster and shine
- Creating a mental ray Daylight system
- Casting light from interior fixtures
- Lighting with sky portals
- Creating an ambient occlusion rendering pass
- Fine-tuning Final Gather and lighting
- Compositing in Nuke and After Effects
- Adding depth of field, highlights, and glow