Maya: Rendering Exteriors
Maya: Rendering Exteriors is an Intermediate level course on 3D + Animation, produced by the author, Adam Crespi. This course is an essential base for an individual who needs to sharpen his/her 3D + Animation talent. It provides you a thorough grip on 3D + Animation, Architecture, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Materials, Rendering, Textures, Maya, 3D + Animation, Architecture, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Materials, Rendering, Textures and Maya.
Learn how to render the exterior of a building with both day and night lighting rigs. Author Adam Crespi guides you through the process of applying exterior materials like wood, metal, and glass; rendering the scene in daylight with the Daylight system and photographic exposure controls; and adjusting the lighting for dusk and nighttime shots, including turning on lights inside and outside the house. Finally, Adam takes the image into post, demonstrating workflows to add final polish with Nuke and After Effects.
- Creating exterior materials
- Converting paint effects for mental ray
- Positioning the sun with the Daylight system
- Lighting using HDR imagery
- Lighting interior spaces
- Adjusting and optimizing the render settings
- Setting up additional rendering passes for compositing purposes
- Compositing and adding post effects in Nuke and After Effects