Maya: Bifrost Extension
Maya: Bifrost Extension is an Intermediate level course on 3D + Animation, written by the creator, Aaron F. Ross. This course is an absolute pillar for an individual who needs to excel in his/her 3D + Animation expertise. It gives you a strong understanding on 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Video, Modeling, Particles + Dynamics, Visual Effects and Maya.
Explore the Bifrost graph, a powerful new procedural content creation framework from Autodesk. Instructor Aaron Ross covers the Bifrost Extension, a free Maya plugin for creating tools to accelerate almost every aspect of 3D production. Using the Bifrost visual programming environment, artists and technical directors in all 3D disciplines can automate complex processes and generate assets without writing a single line of code.
- Core concepts of proceduralism
- How Bifrost integrates with Maya
- Navigating the Bifrost Graph
- Loading example graphs from the Bifrost Browser
- Simulating atmospheres and combustion with the Aero solver
- Building a graph from scratch
- Deforming polygon geometry
- Using Bifrost in production
- Assigning materials
- Converting a Bifrost shape to a Maya shape
- Caching a simulation to disk
- Rendering an atmosphere in Arnold