Maya 2018: Bifröst Fluids
Maya 2018: Bifröst Fluids is an Advanced level study on 3D + Animation, produced by an expert, Aaron F. Ross. This study is an important pillar for a person who needs to excel in his/her 3D + Animation skills. It gives you a thorough grip on 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Video, Modeling, Particles + Dynamics, Visual Effects, Maya, 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Video, Modeling, Particles + Dynamics, Visual Effects and Maya.
Bifröst for Maya 2018 includes many welcome updates to the liquid simulation plugin, Bifröst Fluids. With Maya 2018.1, Arnold supports exciting new ways to render fluids in better fidelity without heavy mesh caches. This course takes an overview of simulating liquids in Bifröst and rendering in Arnold. For convincing materials, instructor Aaron F. Ross shows how to extract fluid dynamics data such as vorticity and apply it in an Arnold shading network. To finish the exploration of fluids, he takes a look at Bifröst foam, which generates secondary particles from the main fluid.
- Bifröst basics
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with a polygon mesh
- Adding velocity, friction, and drag with motion fields
- Optimizing space and time accuracy
- Caching simulations
- Meshing and exporting liquids
- Render-time meshing in Arnold
- Applying channel data to Arnold shaders
- Generating foam from a liquid
- Rendering and shading foam in Arnold