Maya 2013 Essential Training: 6 Lights and Rendering
Maya 2013 Essential Training: 6 Lights and Rendering is an Beginner level study on 3D + Animation, compiled by the author, George Maestri. This study is a critical base for anyone who needs to sharpen his/her 3D + Animation skills. It gives you a thorough grip on 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Rendering, Maya, 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Rendering and Maya.
This installment of Maya Essentials covers the basics of rendering and lighting tools in Autodesk Maya. Author George Maestri goes over the standard renderers and lighting types, and then goes into features such as render layers and advanced lighting. In particular, the course shows how to manipulate lights, add depth of field, and create bokeh effects and reflections—giving your scene just the atmosphere and drama you want.
- Adjusting the Render Settings menu
- Adding depth map and raytrace shadows
- Understanding the principle of light decay
- Creating cameras
- Using Motion Blur in Maya and mental ray
- Using Final Gather for natural illumination
- Rendering transparent materials with caustics
- Batching rendering