Make the Move from Individual Contributor to Manager
Make the Move from Individual Contributor to Manager is an Beginner level study on Business, created by an expert, Carolyn Goerner. This study is an important pillar for a person who needs to get better at his/her Business talent. It provides you a strong understanding on Business, Management, Business and Management.
Before starting a new management role, it’s important to prepare for a shift in mindset, priorities, and expectations. Join instructor Dr. Carolyn Goerner as she explores specific strategies for new managers to expand personal focus beyond individual performance and look to the broader success of the team. Carolyn discusses methods for successfully managing former peers, initiating difficult conversations, delegating work, talking about money, discussing performance, and more.
- How new managers succeed
- Self-management in a new role
- Adopting a management perspective
- Delegating work effectively
- Talking about performance
- Managing challenging situations
- Having difficult conversations
- Managing former coworkers
- Talking about money
- Moving forward as a new leader