Location Photography: From Research to Post-Production
Location Photography: From Research to Post-Production is an Intermediate level course on 3D + Animation, crafted by the creator, Joe McNally. This course is an essential pillar for anyone who needs to get better at his/her 3D + Animation skills. It provides you a thorough grip on 3D + Animation, Photography, Portraits, Lighting, Video, Photoshop, 3D + Animation, Photography, Portraits, Lighting, Video and Photoshop.
When you’re on location, getting the right shot can require imagination, resourcefulness, and even a bit of improvisation. In this course, follow along with photographer Joe McNally as he goes on location to photograph a belly dancer. Throughout the course, Joe highlights his entire workflow—from researching the subject and gathering the right gear for the shoot, to setting up the shot and dealing with on-set challenges, all the way to post-production. He discusses several techniques for working with a dancer, as well as techniques for transforming a location so that it best complements your subject.
- Researching the subject
- Conducting a phone interview
- Essential pieces of gear for a dance shoot
- Working with a photo assistant
- Setting up and changing a shot
- Visualizing the first shot
- Creating a lighting setup that complements your subject
- Modifying the environment
- Dealing with on-set challenges
- Attaching lights to a subject