Learning Color Management
Learning Color Management is an Beginner level tutorial on Design, compiled by the creator, Joe Brady. This tutorial is an absolute base for anyone who needs to get better at his/her Design skills. It gives you a thorough grip on Color, Color Correction, Design, Photography, Video, Color, Color Correction, Design, Photography and Video.
Having a consistent color management workflow can help you accurately get prints that match the image on your monitor. In this course, follow along with Joe Brady as he takes you through the basics of color management for photography, design, and the web. First, you’ll learn about the different color spaces (CMYK, ColorMatch, and sRGB) and how they influence your color workflow, and the tools you need to achieve accurate color. Then learn how and why to calibrate your camera and your monitor, configure the color settings in applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Aperture, and choose the best printer and paper for your style of artwork. Along the way, Joe takes you into a typical studio setup for lessons on the gear you need for at-home calibration and printing.
- Understanding color spaces
- Understanding the color workflow for photography vs. design and web
- Setting up a digital camera for the best image results
- Choosing a monitor
- Calibrating a display using ColorMunki or i1Pro 2
- Choosing color settings in Photoshop
- Understanding color workflow in raw processing applications
- Creating a custom printer profile
- Soft-proofing images for printing on your own printer and for sending to a lab