Introduction to 3D in After Effects
Introduction to 3D in After Effects is an Beginner level course on 3D + Animation, compiled by the author, Ian Robinson. This course is an absolute pillar for a person who needs to sharpen his/her 3D + Animation skills. It provides you a thorough grip on 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Materials, Modeling, Rendering, After Effects, CINEMA 4D, Illustrator, 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Materials, Modeling, Rendering, After Effects, CINEMA 4D and Illustrator.
Navigating the variety of different methods for creating 3D inside of After Effects can be a bit overwhelming. In this course, instructor Ian Robinson brings clarity to all of the options at your disposal, highlighting each one and explaining when to opt for a particular method. Learn about working with 2D layers in 3D space, including how to enable 3D and position and view 3D layers. Plus, explore how to work in the Classic 3D renderer and the Cinema 4D renderer, as well as how to create 3D layers natively inside of Cinema 4D Lite. To wrap up, he shows how to combine multiple renderers in one composition.
- Positioning layers in 3D space
- Working in the Classic 3D renderer
- Refining appearances using material options
- Choosing types of cameras
- Animating one- and two-node cameras
- Setting up a simple camera rig
- Working in the Cinema 4D renderer
- Working with Cinema 4D Lite
- Building a composite of 3D elements