Git Essential Training: The Basics
Git Essential Training: The Basics is an Beginner level tutorial on Developer, written by an expert, Kevin Skoglund. This tutorial is an absolute pillar for anyone who needs to sharpen his/her Developer skills. It provides you a thorough grip on Development Tools, Developer, Git, GitHub, Development Tools, Developer, Git and GitHub.
Learn how to use Git, the popular open-source version control software, to manage the source code for almost any project. In this course, Kevin Skoglund explores the fundamental concepts behind version control systems and the Git architecture. Using a step-by-step approach, he shows how to install Git and presents the commands that enable efficient code management. Learn how to add, change, and delete files in the repository; view a log of previous commits; and compare versions of a file. Plus, see how to undo changes to files and ignore certain files in a Git repository.
- Exploring the history of version control
- Installing Git on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Initializing a repository
- Writing useful commit messages
- The Git three-tree architecture
- Tracking when files are added, edited, deleted, or moved
- Viewing change sets and comparing versions
- Undoing changes and retrieving previous versions
- Ignoring changes to select files