Exploring Photography: Shooting in Raw Mode
Exploring Photography: Shooting in Raw Mode is an Advanced level study on Photography, produced by the creator, Ben Long. This study is an absolute pillar for anyone who needs to excel in his/her Photography skills. It gives you a thorough grip on Cameras + Gear, Photography, Raw Processing, Camera Raw, Lightroom, Cameras + Gear, Photography, Raw Processing, Camera Raw and Lightroom.
You hear experienced photographers say it all the time: shoot raw format to get the best quality. But what does “raw” really mean? Does it guarantee better image quality? And where does the DNG format come into play?
In this course, photographer and educator Ben Long shines a light on what it means to shoot in raw—and what it doesn’t. Learn the benefits of shooting in raw, learn when your camera’s RAW+JPEG mode makes more sense, and get insights into why some people prefer certain raw conversion software over others.
- Does your camera support raw?
- Understanding how a sensor works
- Correcting and compressing JPEGs in camera
- Customizing JPEG compression
- Understanding raw conversion
- Working with raw files in popular photo-editing software
- Shooting raw, JPEG, or both
- Reprocessing old raw images
- Choosing a camera