Enhancing an Environmental Portrait with Photoshop
Enhancing an Environmental Portrait with Photoshop is an Intermediate level study on Photography, created by an expert, Chris Orwig. This study is a critical pillar for an individual who needs to excel in his/her Photography expertise. It gives you a strong understanding on Photography, Portraits, Retouching, Photoshop, Photography, Portraits, Retouching and Photoshop.
An environmental portrait—one photographed in a setting that tells a story about the subject—has the potential to reveal something unique and interesting about the person in focus.
In this course, photographer, teacher, and author Chris Orwig explores a variety of Adobe Photoshop postproduction techniques that enhance the authenticity and mood of an environmental portrait. Working with a photograph of world-champion surfer Kelly Slater, Chris steps through each technique, from black-and-white conversion and toning to retouching and more, explaining his creative process along the way.
- Cleaning up small details with the healing tools
- Using Liquify to make minor adjustments
- Burning and dodging to add emphasis
- Experimenting with creative color
- Creating a black-and-white, sepia-toned effect
- Adding realistic film grain
- Blending in texture from another photograph
- Retouching the background