Digital Matte Painting: 2 Perspective
Digital Matte Painting: 2 Perspective is an Beginner level course on 3D + Animation, compiled by an expert, David Mattingly. This course is an important foundation for anyone who needs to sharpen his/her 3D + Animation skills. It provides you a thorough grip on 3D + Animation, CAD, Design, Digital Painting, Photography, Video, Rendering, Visual Effects, Photoshop, 3D + Animation, CAD, Design, Digital Painting, Photography, Video, Rendering, Visual Effects and Photoshop.
An accurate perspective drawing is an essential base for most matte paintings. Learn how to create linear perspective drawings of a castle in Adobe Photoshop with this course, and migrate the lessons to your own project. David Mattingly, a matte artist for many groundbreaking motion pictures, teaches you about the three types of perspective, and how to set up vanishing points, find and rough in the forms in your painting, add detail like crenellations, draw ellipses, and polish the final drawing.
Note: This installment of Digital Matte Painting Essentials builds on the concept sketch from the first course, but it’s not necessary to have those files to proceed.
- Understanding the three types of linear perspective
- Preparing your concept sketch for drawing
- Setting up vanishing points
- Finding the first boxes in perspective
- Roughing in the other rectilinear forms
- Creating a flat crenellation
- Plotting measuring points
- Drawing ellipses
- Adding repeating details to walls
- Delineating the background