Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental ray
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental ray is an Intermediate level course on 3D + Animation, created by the creator, Aaron F. Ross. This course is an absolute step for an individual who needs to get better at his/her 3D + Animation talent. It gives you a strong understanding on 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Video, Materials, Rendering, Textures, Visual Effects, Maya, 3D + Animation, CAD, Photography, Video, Materials, Rendering, Textures, Visual Effects and Maya.
Dive deep into the Hypershade window and shader creation with Maya and the mental ray rendering engine. In this course, author Aaron F. Ross shows how to create materials and shaders for 3D objects, characters, and landscapes, with reflectivity, transparency, and amazing texture. Become more comfortable building shader networks and open up a lot of new possibilities for creative surfaces in Maya.
- Getting familiar with Hypershade
- Making and breaking connections
- Using mental ray materials
- Adding reflectivity with ray tracing
- Rendering refractions
- Mapping translucence
- Adding surface relief detail
- Adjusting and combining textures
- Constructing a stylized non-photoreal shader
- Working with math and utility nodes
- Rendering ink and paint with Maya Toon