Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effects
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effects is an Intermediate level tutorial on 3D + Animation, crafted by the author, Chad Perkins. This tutorial is an essential base for a person who needs to get better at his/her 3D + Animation skills. It gives you a strong understanding on 3D + Animation, Filmmaking, Photography, Video, Visual Effects, After Effects, 3D + Animation, Filmmaking, Photography, Video, Visual Effects and After Effects.
Get a practical look at the world of visual effects (VFX). In this installment of the 13-part Creating a Short Film series, filmmaker Chad Perkins focuses on how to tackle the effects in the VFX portion of the post-production workflow. Throughout the course, Chad demonstrates how to create the visual effects seen in The Assurance, the short film featured throughout the series. Chad goes over a variety of common VFX tools and how to really sell effects shots. He digs into how to create magical effects with Trapcode Particular, Trapcode Form, and with native After Effects tools, as well as how to create a cool explosion shot by compositing live action fire footage, create swirling particles in Cinema 4D, build a custom lens flare using Optical Flares, and much more.
- Selling effects shots with sound design and practical lights
- Making magical effects with Trapcode Particular and Form
- Building a custom lens flare with Optical Flares
- Making a 3D magic ball from 2D Fractal Noise textures
- Rebuilding shots digitally
- Creating an explosion shot
- Using dust footage to make fiery embers
- Creating swirling 3D particles in Cinema 4D