Color Correction: Creating a Polished Look in Avid Media Composer
Color Correction: Creating a Polished Look in Avid Media Composer is an Intermediate level study on Photography, compiled by the creator, Ashley Kennedy. This study is an absolute pillar for an individual who needs to excel in his/her Photography expertise. It gives you a thorough grip on Color Correction, Photography, Video, Media Composer, Color Correction, Photography, Video and Media Composer.
In this course, author Ashley Kennedy illustrates how to correct color imbalances or create a specific mood in pre-edited video with the complete color correction workflow in Avid Media Composer. The first color correction stage demonstrates how to manually correct footage by white balancing, removing color cast, correcting flesh tones, and correcting luma and chroma values in both the HSL and Curves groups, and explores the Avid automatic color correction functions. The second color correction stage focuses on achieving shot-to-shot consistency with templates and color match controls. In the final stage, Ashley investigates more creative color treatments, such as applying a gritty or bleached look to the footage.
- Understanding the creative goals of each project
- Setting up the Media Composer environment specifically for color correction
- Performing a correction from start to finish in the HSL group
- Performing a correction from start to finish in the Curves group
- Using color correction templates
- Using the automatic Color Correction effects
- Using Match Color and Natural Match
- Performing secondary color correction with Magic Mask
- Keyframing color correction effects over time
- Creating a look and feel with special treatments
- Automatically correcting a broadcast show using the Safe Color Limiter effect