Android Development Essential Training: App Architecture with Kotlin
Android Development Essential Training: App Architecture with Kotlin is an Beginner level course on Developer, compiled by an expert, David Gassner. This course is an important base for a person who needs to excel in his/her Developer talent. It gives you a thorough grip on Developer, Mobile Apps, Android, Developer, Mobile Apps and Android.
The Android app architecture constantly evolves. The introduction of the Kotlin programming language, new form factors such as Chromebooks, and reusable architecture components have made it faster and easier than ever to build high-quality Android apps. It is imperative that developers understand what the latest tools and recommendations are and how to use them to build out their applications. In this course, instructor David Gassner explains how to build an Android app that uses Kotlin instead of Java, add navigation functionality, and leverage the most useful architecture components such as LifecycleObserver, ViewModel, and LiveData, to create apps that are robust and easy to maintain over time.
- Handling lifecycle events
- Handling view events
- Updating display from new data
- Adding ViewModels to activities
- Subscribing to changes in LiveData values
- Adding a new launcher activity
- Starting activities with explicit intents
- Sharing data with implicit intents
- Adding a navigation drawer
- Adding a header to a navigation drawer
- Handling navigating drawer menu events