After Effects: Advanced Compositing Tracking and Roto Techniques
After Effects: Advanced Compositing Tracking and Roto Techniques is an Advanced level course on 3D + Animation, created by the author, Jeff Foster. This course is an important foundation for an individual who needs to excel in his/her 3D + Animation expertise. It gives you a strong understanding on 3D + Animation, Compositing, Photography, Video, Visual Effects, After Effects, 3D + Animation, Compositing, Photography, Video, Visual Effects and After Effects.
In this workshop Jeff Foster—video producer, compositor, visual effects artist, and author of The Green Screen Handbook—teaches you the advanced tips, tricks, and workflow techniques he’s used over the years to get great video/film composites, even when working with near-impossible footage. Learn advanced roto-painting techniques for the Wacom tablet and get up to speed on motion tracking, multipass mattes, multiple keying layers, simulated lighting effects, painting on video background plates, and more. Finally, Jeff shows how to apply what you’ve learned to a series of real-world projects in Adobe After Effects.
- Roto-painting techniques with a Wacom tablet
- Keying both green and blue in a composite
- Masking to isolate parts of an object to key
- Using multiple layers and roto on a bad green-screen shot
- Motion tracking and match-moving
- Matte painting and moving background/foreground plates
- Lighting techniques in post