Advanced Photoshop: Blending, Masking, and Compositing
Advanced Photoshop: Blending, Masking, and Compositing is an Intermediate level course on Photography, compiled by the creator, Deke McClelland. This course is an important pillar for anyone who needs to excel in his/her Photography expertise. It provides you a thorough grip on Masking + Compositing, Photography, Photoshop, Masking + Compositing, Photography and Photoshop.
Advanced Blending is the second installment in Deke McClelland’s series on making photorealistic compositions in Photoshop. The course explores blending options and shows how to use them to create sophisticated effects and seamless compositions, often without masking. Beginning with the basics of blending layered images, the course sheds light on the formulas behind the Photoshop blend modes and shows how to comp scanned line art, create double-exposure effects, correct skin tones, and work with the luminance sliders.
- Assembling dynamic Dissolve effects
- Filling and stroking with Behind and Clear
- Cleaning up and compositing scanned line art
- Understanding the darken, lighten, and contrast modes
- Refining a mask with Multiply and Screen
- Creating a glowing, soft-focus effect
- Blending images with textures
- Comparing two seemingly identical images
- Creating type that inverts everything behind it
- Colorizing artwork with layers
- Achieving greater control with the Blend If option