3ds Max: Design Visualization
3ds Max: Design Visualization is an Beginner level tutorial on 3D + Animation, compiled by the creator, Scott Onstott. This tutorial is an important foundation for a person who needs to sharpen his/her 3D + Animation expertise. It provides you a strong understanding on 3D + Animation, Architecture, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Modeling, Rendering, Textures, 3ds Max, 3D + Animation, Architecture, CAD, Photography, Lighting, Video, Modeling, Rendering, Textures and 3ds Max.
If you want to visualize and sell your product, architectural, engineering, or landscaping designs to your clients before they are built, then 3ds Max is the tool for you. Learn how to use this incredibly sophisticated 3D modeling and rendering program to visualize almost anything you can imagine.
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows you how to build walls, doors, windows, stairs, railings, moldings, cloth, pottery, furniture, grass, trees, landscapes, and much more, using splines, modifiers, Booleans, and NURBS modeling. You’ll also learn to texture-map objects, light them with both direct and indirect illumination, place virtual cameras, render, and animate scenes.
- Working with files and objects from other programs
- Creating parametric AEC objects
- Tracing splines
- Lathing a 2D profile
- Designing spline-based walls and windows
- Deforming objects with modifiers
- Attaching, grouping, and compounding
- Sculpting and painting landscapes
- Simulating fabric, grass, and foliage
- NURBS modeling
- Texture mapping and designing materials
- Placing virtual cameras
- Rendering images
- Animating a camera along a flight path